Download the pdf here.
Graphic Designer – MSU College of Arts & Letters, Creativity Exploratory
August 2012 – Present, East Lansing, MI
- Work closely with faculty, staff and other students to produce pieces for the university ranging from websites and user-interfaces to print materials
- Adhere to university brand standards
- Host video, Adobe Creative Suite and other multi-media workshops for students in the college
- Create and maintain online content and designs
- Brainstorm collaboratively on new projects, workshops and technologies students could utilize
Graphic Design Intern – The Media Advantage
April 2012 — August 2012, Lansing, MI
- Produced print, digital and interactive advertisements
- Updated and created websites through WordPress
- Maintained social media for different clients
- Worked with a small staff to generate ideas for marketing and promotions
- Gained experience in client-side design
Editorial Assistant – Haslett Public Schools
Jan. 2012 – May 2012, Haslett, MI
- Responsible for editing and publishing The Ralya Times, a literary magazine created by fourth grade students at Ralya Elementery
- Taught students basics in terms of storytelling, design principles and the writing process
Multi-media Journalist – Spartan Online Newsroom
Summer 2011, East Lansing, MI
- Produced articles for the web
- Created graphics and videos for stories
- Worked collaboratively with students to brainstorm visual communication/visual storytelling methods
- Gained experience in online publishing
Staff Writer – Red Cedar Log, Official Yearbook of MSU
October 2009 – May 2011, East Lansing, MI
- Worked under strict deadlines to write stories weekly while researching topics and interviewing sources
- Generated story ideas with the staff
- Gained experience in copy-editing spreads not only for the text, but photos and design as well
Michigan State University
Aug. 2009 – May 2013, East Lansing, MI
BFA Journalism, College of Communication Arts & Sciences, Professional Writing, College of Arts & Letters
Relevant coursework in content management, publication design, web authoring, interaction/information design, visual communication, online publishing, social media and media law and ethics with extensive research in how organizations use digital tools to optimize brands.
Primary focus in visual communication and storytelling with specific interests in information graphics, digital media, user interface, interactivity, branding and content management.
Proficient in: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint, WordPress, Camtasia, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, various social media platforms, PC and MAC Operating Systems.
Familiar with: Adobe Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, After Effects, HTML, CSS.
Activities and Awards
- Member, Society for News Design (SND) & AIGA, MSU Chapter
- Third place in 2011 Society for News Design Contest—infographics category
- Branding for Middle of the Mitten, a music festival based in Lansing, including t-shirts, posters, and tickets and carrying that brand to digital environments
- Represented MSU’s digital humanities department at the 2012 Chicago Colloquim on Digital Humanities and Computer Science at the University of Chicago
- Presented at MSU’s University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum (UURAF) on how Lansing-area creative communities can the power to revive industrial economies.